Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wednesday with Joe

It's always great seeing Joe. He's come along way since his accident. Tonight, when we got in there, he was eating an actual meal complete with chicken nuggets, corn and toast. We also sat back and watched Planet Earth with him for a few hours. It was a fun time, and Joe certainly likes having his friends there. He was clearly tired from a day of therapy, so I'm sure he enjoyed just watching TV with Raquel cracking jokes about the animals and such on the documentary. (My favorite was a "wouldn't it be awesome if the blind salamander had a smaller little seeing eye dog") I can't remember what the joke was, but Raquel said something that had Joe laughing so hard he was crying.

I got home around 10, which was cool because I got some Andrea (my awesome fiance) time. We probably won't see much of each other over the next couple of months as I work to make something of myself. So, these times before bed or in the morning are going to become more special to us. Any time I get to spend with her is wonderful. She's very supportive, even going so far as being the only follower of this blog.

No word yet from the head shot guy. Tonight, I'm seeing a couple of shows and hanging out at the New York Alt Comics usual Thursday night hang out, Kabin. It's good to get my face out there for people to see. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment