Monday, June 29, 2009

Headshots

Well, John took my picture today. And here's what I've learned about me. I'm handsome, at least when I've got the right backlight.

We had a great time today, Andrea joined me. She's my stylist (she helped me keep the wrinkles out of my shirt) and also served as a PA for John. She held a bounce board to get some reflection upon my Adonis-like face.

I showed up late, around 3:45 for a 3:30 appointment. I spent a lot of time at my apartment with my stylist (Andrea) ironing my wrinkled shirts. By the time we arrived at the studio (which is located in an apartment in this gorgeous old building on the upper west side). John, with his assistant Steve, had a warm, inviting personality, which helped since they would stare at me for hours (felt like hours, really just minutes) with judgemental faces. I need to get used to that, since I will be spending time at auditions where I get on stage alone in a room with one or two critical people. I'm pumped for this stuff.

I wore three to four different shirts, and John proceeded to take different types of pictures. Pics for stand up, pics for commercials, and pics for corporate work. He would get me to say a response, like he would say "I'm from Brooklyn" and I would respond, "That's nice!" which would make me face happier, caring. Then he would say, "My wife died out on safari" and I would reply "How are you doing?" giving me a concerned face.

I took about 65 pics, and he's emailing me fifteen of the best where I will choose the three I think will be my headshots. Then, by Wednesday, I'll have headshots.

Then I'll be famous.

Well, I'm a little closer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment